Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2021 Venice Problems Galore

New owner.  Purchased new 2021 Venice Oct 7, 2020.  1.  Had an engine check light on when I picked it up.  Mechanic turned it off with his OBD Tester and told me they all come from the factory like that and have to be reset.  Light came back on after refueling for my 240 mile trip.  I got home and used my own OBD and got several real codes causing the light to stay on.  Removed hood to check fuses.  Learned there is no 2021 Owner's manual available.  My fuse panel on the 2021 model does not match the installed fuses on the 2020 Owner's Manual which is online and can be downloaded.  Contacted the dealer and they would not guarantee that I could drive it safely to return it for repair.  I used my Roadside Assistance and shipped it back to the dealer.  They only guarantee $200.00 per incident but shipper said they billed them for $1,486.00 to ship it.  So I expect a 1,286.00 dollar bill from Roadside Assistance even though they told me on the phone they would pay for it.   Getting the hood off is easy, getting it back on with those floating U-Nuts took me an hour.  Learned that the only way I can get spare parts is through the dealer and they can not be drop shipped directly to me.  So far...I've drove it home and it has been a 34 thousand dollar paperweight since.  I have seen safety recalls on the 1.5 turbo engine used in this model...but since I can't tell which year the motor is by the VIN, I don't know if they are applicable or not.  Vanderhall...please get your act together and give your buyers some help.

Good luck. I have had numerous problems with my 2020 VBJ. Thankfully I have a dealer who takes action. Your dealer lied, there in no reason a new vehicle should be delivered with an engine warning light on. There is no excuse for VH to not have the owners manual for 2021 online. There is little to NO factory support for owners or dealers.

I hate to see what resale value will be in a year or so when I am done dealing with this mediocre machine.

(10-23-2020, 02:03 PM)Vector-BFC Wrote:  Good luck. I have had numerous problems with my 2020 VBJ. Thankfully I have a dealer who takes action. Your dealer lied, there in no reason a new vehicle should be delivered with an engine warning light on. There is no excuse for VH to not have the owners manual for 2021 online. There is little to NO factory support for owners or dealers.

I hate to see what resale value will be in a year or so when I am done dealing with this mediocre machine.

Document all issues- you might have a lemon-law claim.

(10-24-2020, 09:56 PM)gudgeonpin Wrote:  
(10-23-2020, 02:03 PM)Vector-BFC Wrote:  Good luck. I have had numerous problems with my 2020 VBJ. Thankfully I have a dealer who takes action. Your dealer lied, there in no reason a new vehicle should be delivered with an engine warning light on. There is no excuse for VH to not have the owners manual for 2021 online. There is little to NO factory support for owners or dealers.

Document all issues- you might have a lemon-law claim.

2014 my lawyer (brother in law) got Triumph to refund my entire purchase on a defective Trophy. I am documenting, thx.

(10-22-2020, 05:59 PM)Dave71 Wrote:  New owner.  Purchased new 2021 Venice Oct 7, 2020.  1.  Had an engine check light on when I picked it up.  Mechanic turned it off with his OBD Tester and told me they all come from the factory like that and have to be reset.  Light came back on after refueling for my 240 mile trip.  I got home and used my own OBD and got several real codes causing the light to stay on.  Removed hood to check fuses.  Learned there is no 2021 Owner's manual available.  My fuse panel on the 2021 model does not match the installed fuses on the 2020 Owner's Manual which is online and can be downloaded.  Contacted the dealer and they would not guarantee that I could drive it safely to return it for repair.  I used my Roadside Assistance and shipped it back to the dealer.  They only guarantee $200.00 per incident but shipper said they billed them for $1,486.00 to ship it.  So I expect a 1,286.00 dollar bill from Roadside Assistance even though they told me on the phone they would pay for it.   Getting the hood off is easy, getting it back on with those floating U-Nuts took me an hour.  Learned that the only way I can get spare parts is through the dealer and they can not be drop shipped directly to me.  So far...I've drove it home and it has been a 34 thousand dollar paperweight since.  I have seen safety recalls on the 1.5 turbo engine used in this model...but since I can't tell which year the motor is by the VIN, I don't know if they are applicable or not.  Vanderhall...please get your act together and give your buyers some help.
What codes are being displayed? You shipped it back to the dealer and what did they do? You got it 1,486 dollars away from home and drove it back apparently without incident, why not drive it now? I got mine off the tow dolly (U-Haul, works great) from the dlr and into the garage and that was the last start on that battery charge. Apparently, as they shift them around at the dealership, they discharge on the starts and never run enough to recharge. I did a few clicky starting attempts before charging it and earned a ck eng light for my trouble. It took a few start/stop cycles to go off. Have you had a few cycles to let it sort itself out? Why did you check fuses? What code or symptom prompted that? Btw, I inverted the u-nuts on top of the stud and put some duct tape around the bottom of the nuts and the stud to keep them in place until I found a better solution. I haven’t. It’s still there. As I recall, there are several “normal” codes that show on a scan that are an artifact of the marriage of the Chev harness to the VDH with many functions wired for but not on the vehicle. Mine has about as many empty connectors as plugged ones. They are programmed to not trip the ck eng light. Perhaps that is what got hosed up and why the tech had to turn off the light? WRT the recall, was that for the Chevys made with that engine? I would like to think they wouldn’t be knowingly installing recalled engines without correcting them as NHTSA would likely shut them down. I wouldn’t worry unless or until you get some mail re that from the mfr. it seems they were pretty thorough getting mail out on the suspension snubber issue and that wasn’t a NHTSA-mandated recall. Just me, but if you have oil pressure and everything is running okay otherwise, I’d drive it. Annoying as hell, though, with the light on, but it may cycle off. I have a ‘19 with the 1.4 and none of this may be applicable at all but still curious. Sorry to sound like your local DA, but your post elicited many questions and we are all here to learn from others’ experiences and yours seems particularly rich in that regard.