Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hello from Mesquite NV.

I've been on two wheels since I was 14, now 63. I developed a condition that effects my shoulders, arms, wrists and hands; that made it unsafe too ride.
Last week I traded in my Harley on a Venice Blackjack.
Performance wise I am impressed. Fun factor is high!

I am not impressed with the hood and how to remove it. It is difficult to get back on as the tabs fall off the attachment posts. The hood should have a small door to access the oil dip-stick. Some wiring was hanging down below the dash. The glove box door does not fully close unless it is locked. 
Storage could have been improved by having a shelf below the dash on the passenger side. The side walls could have mesh pockets for storage. 
My biggest wish is the that the passenger seat folder forward to access the storage area behind the seats. 
All are minor issues except the hood.

Thanks for this forum.

Vector
Bikers for Christ
Las Vegas

Welcome to the forum!

Hello Vector,

Your “journey” to Vanderhall sounds similar to mine; I just started a little earlier.

Re: the dam hood clips:

See “Texas Oatmeal” on the net ( you-tube).  He has solved that problem to some degree by replacing the fasteners with Rivnuts fasteners.  Seems one standard size rivnut fits the frame cavities but to fit the bolt thru the hood ( actually a full fairing of course) you have to enlarge the holes in the hood. 

There may be another even better solution but this is the one I found and am debating doing.

Texas Oatmeal has a series of mods and enhancements posted to his site. 

I was hoping to get some kind of rally going for Vanderhall owners but I have received no interest on this forum.  Now, of course, the Virus is going to squash most of the riding season for that and may come back in the fall before we have a vaccine for it. 

Oh well, maybe next year.

Stay strong in Christ,

PaulAB
Chicago-area.

PaulABHello Vector,

Your “journey” to Vanderhall sounds similar to mine; I just started a little earlier.

Re: the dam hood clips:

See “Texas Oatmeal” on the net ( you-tube).  He has solved that problem to some degree by replacing the fasteners with Rivnuts fasteners.  Seems one standard size rivnut fits the frame cavities but to fit the bolt thru the hood ( actually a full fairing of course) you have to enlarge the holes in the hood. 

There may be another even better solution but this is the one I found and am debating doing.

Texas Oatmeal has a series of mods and enhancements posted to his site. 

I was hoping to get some kind of rally going for Vanderhall owners but I have received no interest on this forum.  Now, of course, the Virus is going to squash most of the riding season for that and may come back in the fall before we have a vaccine for it. 

Oh well, maybe next year.

Stay strong in Christ,

PaulAB
Chicago-area.

Thank you for responding I will look that up. I think perhaps the U-clips were damaged, they should fit snugly and not fall off. I'll get new ones today but eventually will perform a modification.

Be Blessed Brother,

Vector